A New Model
Where we are now
Technology (know-how) has no intrinsic or common values
1) Technology drives
2) the global economics, adversely impacting
3) societies globally, and
4) dangerously imbalancing the Earth’s environment
Consumerism is not sustainable. If it continues life on Earth is in danger.
Economic ‘growth’ will speed the downfall. Click here for the reasons why.
We need a new global economic model: zero growth, zero waste, closed loop and sustainable, based on shared global values.
Where we must be
Shared global values will guide and inform towards a sustainable future
1) Human Beings will transform by living through shared global values
2) societies will collaborate, choosing
3) economics that will benefit all, within
4) sustainable environments
The outcome is that technology will be shared to benefit One and all, including the know-how and projects that will reduce suffering and maintain sustainable environments.
This virtuous and sustainable model will ensure the continued survival of animal life and Human Beings on Earth.
Have a look at “The Story of Stuff” which explains why we must change both the economic and consumption-based model.
Efficient and Effective Technology
A fraction of the money spent on ‘national defence’ and ‘space programs’ redirected towards the technologies of efficient and effective resource utilisation and distribution would eliminate poverty and hunger.
The primary technologies are:
– Localised irrigation and water recycling, including water distillation
– Localised food production and consumption, based on the natural seasonality of products
– Crop rotation and the use of natural fertilizers
– Natural and renewable energy production, including solar, wind, gravity and sea
– Energy capture and conservation in construction projects
– Ecosystem symbiosis (e.g. honey bees for sugars)
– Localised work places with globalised information sharing
– Centralised and localised storage and distribution facilities
– Repair, maintenance and recycling, over automatic replacement
– Holistic and localised medical support